Understand that God Loves You
“For I know the plans I have for you, ‘declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”
“No matter what storm you face, you need to know that God loves you. He has not abandoned you.”
Here are 10 Bible verses that provide inspiration to overcoming addiction and other personal or family affliction.
1 Corinthians 10:13
“No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
1 Corinthians 15:33
“Do not be misled: ‘Bad company corrupts good character.’”
“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
1 Peter 5:10
“And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.”
“…and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”
“Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.”
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.”
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
Beautiful Boy: A Father’s Journey Through His Son’s Meth Addiction by David Sheff
The Heart of Addiction: A Biblical Perspective by Mark E. Shaw
Just Breathe by Keith Repult
Addiction and Grace by Gerald May
We Didn’t Raise Them This Way by Joel Jakubowski
Addict in the Family: Stories of Loss, Hope and Recovery by Beverly Conyers
Everything Changes: Help for Families of New Recovering Addicts by Beverly Conyers
Jesus Calling: Daily Devotional for Finding Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young
The Red Sea Rules: 10 God Given Strategies for Difficult Times by Robert Morgan
Prayers for Prodigals: 90 Days of Prayer for Your Child by James Banks
Have you tried to quit your addiction…but failed?
Is your addiction affecting your relationships?
Does a better future look dim?
Are you afraid of what might happen if your addiction continues?
There Is Hope!
Ancora Spero’s After Work/After School 90 Days To Freedom Course
Thinking Into Wellness is a 13-Week/90 Day Transformational Process for Wellness and Recovery.
It is also a part of a global personal growth and human performance system that has been effectively changing lives for hundreds of years.
Together in small groups that meet three times a week and led by an Addiction Specialist, we will go beyond traditional approaches of addiction treatment by applying transformational truths and principles.
Upon completion each member will be empowered to:
The Thinking Into Wellness Course includes:
- Set and achieve worthy goals that will stretch, grow and inspire.
- Understand the gap between what they know and what they do. Just knowing something does not bring desired results. Changing one’s paradigm will affect the behavior necessary to change one’s circumstances for the better.
- Master the Mind to promote quantum leaps in performance while becoming more disciplined.
- Identify and avoid toxic landmines that sabotage your thinking.
- Implement improvements in Attitude of which determines what kind of energy you are giving and what kind of energy you are receiving.
- Stop others from controlling what we think with tools to think great thoughts about oneself, family, job, and community.
- Work in harmony with those likeminded to exponentially increase a person’s thinking, creativity, discipline, and impact.
- Discover freedom from any addiction or behavior that would encumber their journey towards a full and happy life.
- Access to highly-skilled and experienced Addiction Specialists to guide and facilitate your group through the process.
- A digital and interactive curriculum that is proven to work for individuals and teams.
- 12 highly motivating lessons for growth, discipline, and life-change.
- A detailed participant guide with thought provoking worksheets that drive results.
- A connection with a trained Recovery Mentor to provide support, encouragement, resources through the 90-day process, and after.