| Ancora Spero
Ancora Spero exists to demonstrate God’s love and hope by providing care for individuals seeking freedom from substance abuse, families in crisis, and the medically fragile child and adult with unmet needs.
Ancora Spero, formerly known as The Firely Foundation is a non-profit 501(c) 3 charitable organization founded by Marty and Holly Firely in 2007 which is dedicated to enriching the lives of others.
| Our History
In 2007, the Firelys started The Firely Foundation – a non-profit to help offset the costs associated with raising a medically fragile child. The Firely Foundation provided medically fragile children with an outdoor adventure, helped offset medical costs no longer covered by insurance, and provided some relief to families in financial need. In 2018, seeing the current drug addiction crisis, the Firelys expanded the Foundation’s mission to include providing resources to help individuals seeking freedom from substance abuse addiction. The Foundation’s name changed to Ancora Spero (Anchored in Hope) to reflect this expansion and its goal to bring hope to others across all three programs.
Firely Foundation: Statement of Faith
- There is only one God who exists as three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Man was created in God’s image, but due to his sin, broke fellowship with God.
- Jesus is God’s answer to our sin, and he came to earth as a man to pay the penalty for our sin through his death and bodily resurrection three days later.
- God’s salvation is a free gift from God for all who receive it. By trusting in Christ, we are called to acknowledge Him as Lord and Savior, be baptized, and live a life of repentance. We further believe that as Christians, we are to proclaim the Gospel to the world.
- The Bible is God’s inspired, infallible, authoritative Word.
| Board of Directors
Marty Firely – Founder
Holly Firely – Founder
Director of Recovery Coaches & Recovery
Media & Event Specialist
Online Communication & Billing Specialist
| Count Me In – An Opportunity to Get Involved
Many of our support programs are volunteer based. We aim to deploy our volunteers in areas of their strength and comfort zones. We believe God blesses every one of His children with gifts, and if He calls you to serve with us, we will help you use them for His glory.
Ancora Spero’s Addiction Recovery Ministry offers a variety of ways for those in recovery to give back, strengthen their own recovery, and support others in their own recovery. Our recovery support programs need trained and supervised volunteers who assist with:
- Recovery Coaching
- Outreach Meetings
- Telephone Recovery Support
Other volunteers are needed to assist with benevolent outreach (Thanksgiving & Christmas), fundraising, camp, prayer teams, and just about anything else you can think of to accomplish the mission.
If you are interested in joining us, thank you! Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to “Ways To Get Involved” and fill out the information, email us, or call us.
- Wait to hear from us. We’ll be in touch once we have received your information, email, or message.
For more info about volunteering e-mail:
Our mailing address:
364 Maple Ave.
Harleysville, PA 19438